Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What's for dinner?

I've been trying my hand at cooking a lot more lately.
Here's a pic of my fancy scallop dinner from my last post. 
Now that I've uploaded my photos, I had to show you an image of my meal because of how close I came in presentation.

Serious party in your mouth meal right here. 
This would have been  at least $30 an entree at a restaurant and cost around $20 total for the two of us.
You do the math!

So last night I made something a little more hearty, still from Cooking Light Mag, but it didn't feel light. 
Can you say comfort food?
menu: 
Italian-Seasoned Roast Chicken Breasts
&
Crispy Topped Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Gratin
Click here and here for recipes.
I left out the half and half (oops, mine was expired) in the gratin and it tasted just fine. 
 

Could have used some sliced bright red heirloom tomatoes for color on the plate... next time. 
 
I'll leave you with this. 
If you are a lazy and forgetful cook (like me)
BUY THESE BRILLIANT ITEMS at Traders.
 
I always forget the little ingredients that make all the difference.
Doesn't get any better than individually packed and peeled garlic. 

XO,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment