Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 8, 2011

Tragedy that can't escape my mind

As many of you close to me know it's been more than a rough and trying couple of weeks.  Some friends in my life, that I consider family at this point (I've known them so long) have been hit with horrible tragedies that I can't begin to explain or imagine.  I've known Kristi Kaplon since I was a very young girl.  We met at my cousin's Bat Mitzvah and became even closer friends when our paths crossed again in junior high at the North Valley Jewish Community Center.  Through Jr. High and High School there was a group of us that spent all our time together.  College came, and took us our separate ways, but I ended up getting to see Kristi quite often once again because she met and fell in love with Brian Kaplon in Santa Barbara where Brian and I attended UCSB.
Brian was the kindest man I've ever known, he had an incredibly large heart and loved Kristi with every ounce of it.  They had known one another since preschool and their bond was unmatched.  They dated and went on to marry and have a beautiful daughter Chloe with twins (a boy and a girl) on the way in just one short month!
You could say their life was a fairytale, until Brian's life was taken in an unspeakable tragedy that I can't even begin to explain. 
I'm left with love for Kristi and her growing family in my heart and not a whole lot financially that I can do myself.  My mother and I are brainstorming another fundraiser, but for now, here are the sites on a fundraiser next week and how you can help immediately. 
 Please watch the video on the first link. 

Hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight. 

XO, 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment