Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 22, 2010

Carlin vs. Lopez

This post is for my hubby!
See it was our first Christmas together,  I bought George Lopez tickets for Shane.  I was so excited.  We were going to see George, his favorite comedian.  I bought them and made adorable stockings for his entire family filled with thoughtful fun.  Shane opened his last and there were the tickets.  I was so excited and yet he seemed less than over joyed.  I just figured he liked em, but wasn't going to properly thank me until the show.

A few months pass and it was time to get dressed up and ready for the George show at the Nokia theater. We arrived and noticed an interesting crowd to say the least.  We were definitely the minority, but still I thought nothing of it, even when we got to our seats next to a guy sporting a tear drop tatoo on his face (don't people get those in prison).
The show started and I turned to Shane and said, "you actually like this?"  It took him a minute and he said, "did you mean to buy me George Carlin tickets?"  Oops!  We stayed for part of the show and ended up going out for drinks and laughing about it. 
The saddest part of the story is that George Carlin died a few months later and I was never able to take him to a live show. Sad face.

vs. 
This Guy!
I mean there really is NO comparison!


Cheers to silly mishaps that make you laugh years later. 
Don't think I'll ever live this one down. 

TGIF. 

XO, 
S


No comments:

Post a Comment