Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 9, 2011

So much to discuss...

Happy belated Mother's Day to the most AMAZING woman I know!

I love that you are MINE! 
I was generic and unoriginal with this year's mother's day gift.  I went with perfume - Chloe Love
It smells wonderful and sweet, just like mi momma! 
And I just have to say, I LOVE NORDSTOM and their unmatched customer service! 
I wish I was rich and could shop their weekly, monthly, even bi-monthly... just more than I do now!

In other news, the verdict is out on Bottega Louie! While I understand the draw to this restaurant, it was definitely way too ZOOish for Shane and I.  Luckily we got a corner booth, so we were out of the chaos for the most part.  The service was fantastic, however for us the food left something to be desired.  I think it would be a better place to go with a group or while you are pregnant (lots of cute bellies around the place), so you can try more of a variety of food.  With just the two of us, we couldn't order much of a variety.  The scallops and our salad were good, but the seafood manicotti was overcooked and just sorta blah! Mas Malo across the street had a cool bar downstairs where we had a great time celebrating our dear friend's bday!  Happy 35th Nick! 

All in all the NEW Downtown LA is pretty cool, but I'm still a fan of the Westside (aka. the BEST side).  Staycations are the best! When it's time to go home, you're only 20 minutes away.  

Last night we watched Fair Game, definitely a great rental!  Starring Naomi Watts (love her) and a very old looking Sean Penn (I cannot believe Scarlett is dating him, eweee).  

Anyhooie Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mommies and mommy to be's in my life!

XO, 
S




2 comments:

  1. hold up! Scarlett is dating Sean Penn?!!! whaaaaa???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, first time visitor here.

    i'm so with ya on the staycations. also, you might just have my dream job.

    cheers and happy saturday,
    rachel
    http://www.upperbottom.com

    ReplyDelete