Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

All in ONE weekend blog!

Catfish, Cupping, Upper West, 30th Birthday, Valentine's Day Feast = Quite the Eventful Weekend
 
 
Rent it, you will not regret it!

Went in for an acupuncture visit, came out looking like this


I didn't have quite this many leper spots, but I had the same procedure done
It's called cupping, click for a more detailed explanation of it's benefits. 

After I got cupped, I spent a lovely day with my Adydu enjoying the almost 80 degree LA weather in January.

Saturday evening, Shane and I ate at Upper West, a newish hot spot on the west side.  The atmosphere and bar were fabulous.  The food was pretty good, minus the dessert which we shouldn't have ordered. 
We shared the Burrata- definitely recommend
I got the crab cakes - YUM
Shane got the beef carpaccio and the smoked bacon blue cheese fries - carpaccio was delicious (or so he said, I don't do raw beef) and the fries were good, but a little too soggy for our liking. 
For dessert we got the cinnamon sugar donut bites and they were overcooked.
Drinks were Excellente! 
Would definitely go back for drinks and apps!

Happy 30th Birthday to our dear friend Tessa!


Last but not least we celebrated Valentine's Day with my mom and Barn on Sunday!
Menu included Filet's (for the ladies)/Rib Eyes (for the men), Lobster, Farmer's Market String Beans and Roasted Rose Bud Potatoes Oh My! 


Topped dinner off with Secretariat, an inspirational Disney movie (true story), great for the whole family! 
Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours! 

XO, 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment